Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions we get asked the most
Do you supply cabins direct to the public?
We supply cabins to caravan / tourist park owners, hotel owners, event organisers, retirement village operators & developers.
How do I place an order for a Nord-Trond cabin?
- Contact the Nord-Trond Factory in Sebastopol directly. (WHOLESALE / COMMERCIAL ENQUIRIES ONLY)
- Place an order through your local real estate agent or caravan dealership. The cost is the same either way
With either option, you can visit the factory and see your cabin as it is being manufactured.
How long will it take for my Nord-Trond cabin to be manufactured?
Does Delivery and Installation of my Nord-Trond cabin cost extra?
Can I pick-up and install my own cabin?
Can I customise my Nord-Trond cabin?
During the the manufacturing process however, we have a small selection of choices and optional extras you can choose from. Contact the Factory on 03 4373 1402 for more information.
What is included in a Nord-Trond cabin? What features are there?
- 3 x 15amp power inlets
- Kitchen appliances including fridge, gas hotplates and gas oven
- Air conditioning/heating and/or fireplace
- Insulated walls, ceiling and floor
- A unique, low environmental impact pod style standing system, and no need to level or prepare your site in advance
How do I get power to my Nord-Trond cabin?
- Find a mains power source, ideally 3 x 15AMP. You can power them on as a little as 1 x 10 AMP lead but, this will severely restrict the amount of appliances/lights that are run at the one time.
- Plug in a generator, ideally one that can supply 3 x 15AMP single phase of power.
- Install solar panels on the roof.
Option one is how the cabins come set up.
Option two and three, you need to source yourself. We can help you with specifications of suitable products.
Are the units wired for 240v?
It is also all done with 2.5mm stranded core flex so as to future proof your requirements.
Where does the waste go?
Can my Nord-Trond cabin be moved after the initial delivery/installation?
How high are the Nord-Trond cabins from the ground?
How do I get fresh water to my cabin?
- Connect your cabin up to a mains water supply.
- Connect your cabin to a water tank on a stand at the rear of the cabin .
What are the dimensions of the Nord-Trond cabins?
- 2.5m wide
- 12.2m long
- 2.85m high (without the skillion roof).
What permits do I require for the Nord-Trond cabins?
The zoning of your land, other dwellings on the land and how many nights a year the cabin is occupied will be important.
We have experts who can assist you with the whole permit process, including a very quick initial assessment, to give you an approximate idea of your chances.
How uneven can the land be that I put the my cabin on?
- the fall from left to right cannot be more than 5/120 (approximately 4% / 2.3 degrees) and,
- the fall from front to back cannot be greater than 5/24 (approximately 20% / 11 degrees).