We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the applicable Australian Privacy Principles under that Act and any other applicable privacy laws when handling personal information. We take the protection of your personal information seriously.
- You are not required to provide personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with all the information we request, the services we provide you may be affected.
- In this policy, “personal information” or “personal data” means information about an identifiable individual that is subject to jurisdiction in Victoria, Australia. In some jurisdictions, “personal information” or “personal data” will not include business to protection under the law in the contact information.
- The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the Services that you use and may include, but not limited to:
- Contact Information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and other information that enables us to contact you;
- Verification Information, including a photo ID or government issued identification, and date of birth;
- Professional Information, including your company name, title, role, and other information about your profession;
- Payment Information, including your credit or debit card details, bank account information, and payment or other information required when you make a purchase;
- Intellectual Property, including trademarks, logos, and other intellectual property that you own;
- Other Personal Information, including instant messenger and social media screen names, usernames and passwords, relationship to emergency point of contact, vehicle identification, and other details such as the purpose of your visit, and data or files that you input, upload or store with the Services, such as search queries that you submit, and documents that you upload to the Site.
- Communications. We also collect and store communications, such as e-mail, SMS, WhatsApp, requests, calendar invitations, any other information you choose to share with us — including your photos, videos, blog entries, interests, hobbies, lifestyle choices, and groups with which you are affiliated — and that you send or receive using the Site.
- Information collected from sources other than you:
- Information from Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. We combine this information with Personal Information or other information that we receive from or about you, where necessary to provide the Services you requested.
- Google Analytics. We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about the use of our Website Services (e.g. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website Services, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the Website Services). Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date that you visit the Website Services, rather than your name or other identifying information. The information collected through the use of Google Analytics is not combined with your Personal Information.
- Learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and opt-out options at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- We collect your personal information for the purpose of:
- Facilitating the use and availability of our services;
- Assessing inquires for the provision of services;
- Direct marketing;
- The general management and conduct of our business;
- Complying with our legal obligations; and
- We may also use personal information for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you.
- We may collect personal information from you through the website (including when you fill out a form), and when you communicate with us (either by email, telephone, in writing or in person).
- We also collect information using ‘cookies’ (small computer files that may be stored on your computer’s hard drive or embedded in our website pages that enable us to identify you and track your visit on the website) on our website for the purpose of:
- Operating an efficient online service;
- Tracking the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website;
- Providing a tailored experience to visitors to the website, including advertisements
- You can modify your browser to prevent cookie use, if you do this, our website may not properly work for you.
- When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as, but not limited to, those based on gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Use and disclosure
- We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose) unless you have consented to that other purpose or we are permitted to do so by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, and to others in order to comply with our legal obligations. The organisations to whom we typically disclose this information include organisations contracted to provide services to us (such as organisations who may operate and manage the websites from time to time on our behalf).
- In all cases, unless you have opted out, you consent to us:
- Using your personal information for direct marketing purposes in order to tell you about services and offers that we think may be of interest to you;
- Disclosing your personal information to third parties (including third parties who may be situated outside of Australia) for direct marketing purposes in order for these third parties to tell you about services and offers that they think may be of interest to you.
- We (or third parties) may contact you by mail, telephone, email or SMS to market our (or their) services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving any future direct marketing correspondence or disclosure of your information to third parties.
Sharing of information and cross-border transfers
- We may contract with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions described above. These service providers may change or we may contract with additional service providers to better accommodate our customers. Our affiliates may provide services to you or to your local affiliate and may receive personal data about you. If we transfer your personal data to affiliates or third parties, we require the recipients of your personal data to safeguard your personal data using administrative, technical and security procedures; however, your personal data will also be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction governing our affiliate or the third party.
- Your personal data may be transferred across state borders and country borders to our affiliate companies in order to provide our services to you
Integrity of personal information
- We will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, and that the personal information we use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant (having regard to the purpose of the use of disclosure). To assists us, please ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- We will also take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to protect the personal information we collect and hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- If we hold personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, you give us your consent to hold onto this personal information for Nord-Trond’s records.
- Depending upon the circumstances, you can request to have your personal information removed and, if agreed by us, we will take steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that personal information.
Access to and correction of personal information
- You can request, and we will provide you with access to any personal information we hold about you (subject to certain legal expectations). If a legal exception applies and we decide not to provide you with access to that personal information, we will provide you with reasons for our decision.
- If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or irrelevant (having regard to the purpose for which it is held) we will take steps which are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to correct that personal information. This may include notifying third parties to whom we have disclosed that personal information. If we do not agree that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, misleading or not relevant you may ask that we attach a statement to this effect to our record.
- Please let us know if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we are handling personal information so we can address them. We will review any complaints and respond to them within a reasonable period of time.
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concern or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC). To make a query concerning your privacy rights, or to lodge a complaint with the OAIC about how we have handled personal information, you can contact the OAIC’s hotline on 1300 363 992. The OAIC has power to investigate the matter and make a determination.
Other Organisations websites
- Nord-Trond’s building has CCTV installed to meet our legitimate business interests in protecting the safety of Nord-Trond employees and guests, our property, and to improve our services. These recordings may be accessed by Nord-Trond. These recordings may be shared with competent authorities in accordance with applicable laws, if required. The recordings are retained for a limited period of time but, may be kept longer for the investigation of an incident or when competent authorities request us to retain them.
- You have the right to opt-out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information, as set out in this policy, and in specific circumstances, for example related to direct marketing.
- Nord-Trond is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The group does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and we do not target its websites to children under 16.
- In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the assets transferred.